May 14, 2010

Postcards



I am in a collage melange postcard swap over at the paper pantry and this is what I came up with. The theme for this month was cooking/food/kitchen so of course I had to go for my favorite Tuscan style of these. I used several different things on them, there is a napkin, a couple of images form the Internet, image for wrapping paper, and some fun silver ware and plate from the doll house section at Hobby Lobby.

First I covered the card in the napkin then added all the different images on top of it. I also printed out a quote on card stock to add too. I colored the grapes image with some copic markers and then covered it with glossy accents. I used some rub and buff in gold leave to make the plate and sliver ware look aged, then glued them on with glossy accents.

For the back I just used a flourish stamp to divide the card stock in half like a postcard and found a stamp that looks like it has been through the mail. Then I wrote a little message for each of the ladies that would be receiving the the cards.

I really enjoyed making these and plan to join again next month. I will post a pic of the cards that I receive from the others in the swap when I get them.

No comments: