August 16, 2011

Art Journal In Progress

I wanted to show some progress of a page I have been working on in my art journal. I have to say I am excited for the kids to get back to school next week (as much as I hate the idea too)  so that I have more artistic time during the day.  I have really missed working on some art this summer. Though I have gotten several projects done so I have been productive.

I sketched out my face and then started to color in with my favorite medium, water color crayons. Then I moved into adding some acrylic paints and graphite pencils.




I played with adding some highlights to her hair and then colored in the background and side page.





      And here is what I have so far. I am going to add some quotes to the other side to complete the page. I liked the way it turned out so much that I have used it as my blog button that you can grab on your right. Thanks for stopping by.




Photobucket

No comments: