July 9, 2010

Cork Board Necklace Holder






Miranda has so many necklaces now that it is getting really hard to store them she is wanting one of those large stand up jewelry boxes like I have but right now that isn't possible, plus she likes to be able to see them out so that she can choose what she wants quickly. So this is what I came up with for her.

What I uses is two packages of 4 pieces of 6x6 cork board, they are kind of thin so I glued two pieces together so that the push pins didn't stick out to much in the back, which made me end up with 4 boards, a package of fun colored super large push pins, and four bright paint colors. I painted each one a different fun color and then added the push pins in two staggered rows that way the necklaces don't hang on top of each other, the push pins stick out just a bit in the back but this is nice because they stick a just a little into the wall for some extra hold. It really helped when we were trying to figure out the placement they just stayed where we put them, then we used foam tape to put them up on her wall to make sure that they could handle the weight of all her stuff. We are loving the way they came out so much that I think I am going to make one for my bathroom for the necklaces that I tend to wear more often.

Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

xoxo
Margo

2 comments:

B said...

What a great idea - and so colorful!

~ www.billiemonster.com ~

Antigone said...

What a cute idea! I think that I'm going to do this for my daughter's room.