July 19, 2010

Flowers Flowers and More Flowers



I have been working on my crocheted flowers for several days now. I haven't made these in years and decided it was time to make some more. There are several colors and I will be listing them on my etsy soon. I just love crocheting things while watching a movie or something on tv I find it very relaxing. I try to make the kids a blanket every couple of years and have been reminded by both that its time again LOL. I still have the one my grandma made me when I was a little girl, it holds wonderful memories for me. I was very young when my grandmother showed me how to crochet and then when I was a teenager my mom helped me long more. It use to be a thing that was passed down through the generations but now a days less people know how or even want to learn sadly even my own daughter shows no interest in learning how. I encourage everyone to give it a try there are so many resources out there to help you learn if you don't have someone to teach you. The Internet and YouTube are full of instruction.

xoxo
Margo

4 comments:

Leonie Castro said...

these are such beautiful flowers Margo! My grandma use to make some but I didn't pay much attention-I should have so I can make some.I have kept some of her carnation flowers and my mom's bead spread all crocheted with layers of roses. That is beautiful. I will never part with this. tyfs

Michelle said...

I think it's sad that skills aren't passed down anymore. I wish I'd have learnt to sew, knit, crochet, cook etc when I was young but I don't think I would have been too interested back then anyway. I'm so glad we have the internet and Youtube now so we can all learn whatever we want :o) beautiful flowers :o) they look so delicate and intricate. TFS :o) x

Jan Hennings said...

love these and I'm such a lover of vintage. Mom is crocheting me a few flowers and I can't wait to get them :)
Beautiful blog!

Manni said...

Hi Margo
You are one talented lady. I love your flowers, your paintings. Wow!!! I'm a new follower of yours and I can't wait for what other projects you come up with : )
By the way, thanks for coming by my blog : D