July 25, 2011

4th of July Wreath

 I have been needing to get this posted as usual I have let life take control of my time and fallen behind on my posting.  I made this wreath for my front door for the month of July. I had seen this idea on a Pintrest (man isn't that just the coolest thing) and feel in love with it.


YOU'LL NEED:
18"  Styrofoam wreath
12" x 12" sheets of scrapbook paper
Ruler
Scissors/Paper trimmer
Bone folder 
Wooden stars
                                                                                                      Hot-glue gun



1. Cut a sheet of paper into 6 pieces, each measuring 4" x 6", for large medallions. (To create a medium-size one, use 3" x 6" sheets, and for the small size, use a 2 1/2" x 3 1/4" sheet.)    
 2. Fold each piece of paper width wise in 3/8" wide accordion-style pleats. I used my score board to make this process go a lot faster and easier. Use a bone folder or the edge of a metal ruler to sharpen creases.
3. Fold each pleated piece of paper in half and hot glue  inner edges together. Gently spread pleats apart. Arrange three fanned pieces together to form a circle, and join with tape. Add a star sticker to center. You will need approximately 40 of these medallions to create the wreath.
4. I painted my wreath red before adding the medallions, you can also wrap it in ribbon to cover it. Starting with largest medallion, hot-glue each to wreath. Continue with medium and small sizes until wreath is covered  I painted and glittered the stars and then added them around the wreath. Lastly I glued a piece of ribbon to the back for the hanger. 


This wreath will also work great for memorial day, so it will get used more than once a year.


 xoxo
Photobucket

No comments: