July 28, 2011

The project that seems like it's never going to end....



As I have posted before I have been painting the paneling in my living room and man I am really starting to think this thing is taking over my life lol.  So we have been working on the wet bar area and man I really thought this would go a lot faster, but as know once you get going things come up.  The first thing we did was to take the trim off of all the doors and drawers which I feel was really dating the look of this area. With doing this it is already looking better.

Next it was time to tackle taking  down the 70's style mirrors and this was no small feat. Aft some research we decided to go with the wire/cut through glue method. So hubby climbed up and spent about two hours wiggling the wire back and forth behind the mirrors to cut through the glue that was holding them on. There were several times that we thought that they were going to break but I was thrilled and amazed that hubby got all three of them down without anything breaking.

With the mirrors off now there was the problem of the damage to the wall behind them. The mirrors had been put on with liquid nails of some sort, so it tore of parts of the sheet rock, and where we had to scrap glue off that meant we scrapped off the texture also.



After chatting with a friend about the best way to fix this we decided to just add the mud compound (after watering it down a bit) to the primer  paint and just roll it onto the wall with a fuzzy roller brush. We did about two coats of this mixture and it worked wonderfully and you can't tell that there had been so much damage to the wall.



I am exhausted again just posting about it gee sh.. I will post more to show the progress that we have made.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Sandie said...

It will be worth it when it's done. It will be worth it when it's done. At least that's what I keep telling myself over here. ;)